As an experimental departure from the mostly loud and action-packed sounds we play on the show, we looked through the wrong end of our musical telescope and put together an hour of hushed, low volume sounds from around the globe. A fluffy armchair for tired ears, cushions for battered brains, help for the hung-over. A rock 'n' roll free zone.
- Joao Gilberto - Valsa (Como são Lindos os Youguis)
- Guillem D'Efak – Febre
- Chick Corea & Gary Burton - Childrens Song
- Wendy & Bonnie - Children Laughing
- Tani Naomi – Tanin Bune
- Pari Zanganeh - Baroun Barouneh
- Talya Ferro - Cuando Calienta El Sol
- Doris - Daisies
- Dead Combo – A Menina Dança #1
- Kid Koala - Vacation Island
- The United States of America - Cloud Song
- Broadcast - According to no Plan
- Dj Shadow - Sad and Lonely
- Forever Pavot - Rhapsode
- Gonjasufi - Sheep
- The Free Design - Daniel Dolphin
Begilufin is an hour long radio show broadcast live twice a month from the heart Berlin on the station Pi Radio. On Begilufin we play a wild, confusing mess of international sounds, stretching from the birth of recorded music to something we heard two days ago. We do our best to ignore the normal, accentuate the weird, and ignore borders, boundaries and time-zones. Each show revolves around a central theme and then we surprise each other (and you, dear listener) with our selections live on air.
Since you ask, ‘Begilufin’ is a Hebrew word meaning intoxicated, inebriated, drunk, sozzled or smashed - a perfect description of the delirious off-centre mix of crazed music we like to spin on the show or indeed the effect it might have on your ears.
Begilufin was created by Ziv Lode in 2010. Ziv was joined by Dan Abbott a couples of years later after a chance meeting in a kindergarten playground revealed a mutual love of the music of Erkin ‘The Turkish Hendrix’ Koray.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio