Japan Special (#1)
It’s the Begilufin Japanese special - Part One!!
Your hosts with the mosts Ziv Lode and Dan Abbott take you on an hour long journey through some high-points from the last 50 years of Japanese freak-sounds. From Group Sounds and Eleki to soft-focus girly whispering, demented rock mangling and further musical mutations!
- Tami Etsuko - Meow Meow
- Asakawa Maki – Chicchana Toki Kara
- The Savage - Space Express
- The Bunnys - Test Driver
- The Tempters - Himitsu No Aikotoba
- 4.9.1. - Walkin'
- The Helpful Soul - Aldin's Theme
- Yuya Uchida & The Flowers - Greasy Heart
- Harumi - Hunters of Heaven
- Bobbie Gentry - The Fool on the Hill
- Taguchi Kumi – Ojo No Monogatari
- The Sadistic Mika Band - Time Machine
- Plastics – Robot
- Kojima Mayumi – Poltergeist
- Tokyo Chutei Iki – Rain
- Hajime Kaido and the Snacky Girls - Snacky de Odorou
Begilufin is an hour long radio show broadcast live twice a month from the heart Berlin on the station Pi Radio. On Begilufin we play a wild, confusing mess of international sounds, stretching from the birth of recorded music to something we heard two days ago. We do our best to ignore the normal, accentuate the weird, and ignore borders, boundaries and time-zones. Each show revolves around a central theme and then we surprise each other (and you, dear listener) with our selections live on air.
Since you ask, ‘Begilufin’ is a Hebrew word meaning intoxicated, inebriated, drunk, sozzled or smashed - a perfect description of the delirious off-centre mix of crazed music we like to spin on the show or indeed the effect it might have on your ears.
Begilufin was created by Ziv Lode in 2010. Ziv was joined by Dan Abbott a couples of years later after a chance meeting in a kindergarten playground revealed a mutual love of the music of Erkin ‘The Turkish Hendrix’ Koray.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio