Big Enchilada 85: Redneck Palace
Welcome to the Redneck Palace, where rednecks, hillbillies, country bumpkins, hicks, white trash and trash of any color are treated like royalty. Enjoy crazy country sounds old and new, the wild sounds I play every Friday night on the Santa Fe Opry on KSFR.
This episode is dedicated to my new friend, Harley in Roger Miller's hometown Erick, Oklahoma. Harley's own Redneck Palace in Erick is pictured above.
Here's the playlist:
- (Background Music: Oklahoma Stomp by Spade Cooley)
- Jason Fleming by Neko Case & The Sadies
- Long Gone Away by Banditos
- If You Take Drugs You're Gonna Die by The Beaumonts
- Lovin' Ducky Daddy by Carolina Cotton
- I'm a Hobo by Danny Reeves
- He's Biding His Time by Danny Dill
- The Palace Roses by Tod Andrews
- (Background Music: Bluegrass Concerto by Sonny Osborne)
- Down by The River by Ray Wylie Hubbard
- Beaten and Broken by The Mekons
- I Left My Kazoo in Kalamazoo by Al Duvall
- Ain't Gonna Take it No More by Whitey Morgan & The 78s
- Don Houston by Slackeye Slim
- That's My Pa by Sheb Wooley
- (Background Music: Byrd's Boogie by Jerry Byrd & The String Dusters)
- Got Just What I Want by Devil in the Woodpile
- Defibulator by The Defibulators
- Sadie Green (The Vamp of New Orleans) by Roy Newman & The Boys
- Chocolate Jesus by Raw Death
- Friendly World by The Kittens featuring Shari Elf
- (Background Music: Mountain Boogie by Wally Fowler & His Georgia Clodhoppers)
"Welcome to the latest Big Enchilada Podcast now on Radio Mutation, formerly known as GaragePunk Pirate radio. In honor of the new name change, I'm dedicating this show to rock 'n' roll mutants every where. Let's mutate together!" – Stephen Terrell
Formerly known as GaragePunk Pirate Radio (2005–2015) and born of the original GaragePunk Forums message board at GaragePunk.com, Radio Mutation is a podcast network of DJ-hosted music shows featuring wild and untamed garage rock, punk, surf/instro, rockabilly, primitive R&B, power pop, swamp rock, proto-punk, post-punk, psychedelic rock, broken blues… basically all styles of gritty, desperate, REAL rock ‘n’ roll. All of them low-budget productions, independently produced and non-commercial (that means we make no money whatsoever from this endeavor).
Oh, and did we mention our shows are entertaining as hell? It’s true! Loads of personality and, just like the Young Lions Conspiracy*, a heaping helping of Integrity, Soul, and Attitude. Not to mention hours upon hours of great rock ‘n’ roll that you will simply not hear anywhere else.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio