The Mal Thursday Show: Coverama III – Beat the Meatles #106
Donnerstag, 10. Aug 2017,
06:00 bis 07:00 Uhr
Mal presents a couple dozen Fab cover versions in this 60 minute edition of The Mal Thursday Show, originally the second hour of the “Was There Then” episode, originally broadcast 11 November 2016. Title stolen from a 1971 National Lampoon piece. Presented in Ultrasonic Stereophonic and Living Monophonic Sound.
- The Flamin’ Groovies: Please Please Me
- the Ventures: I Feel Fine
- the Supremes: a Hard Day’s Night
- Al Green: I Wanna Hold Your Hand
- the Rolling Stones: I Wanna Be Your Man
- Brenda Lee: Can’t Buy Me Love
- the Smithereens: Don’t Bother Me
- Billy Preston: Eight Days a Week
- Echo & the Bunnymen: Ticket to Ride
- Bo Street Runners: Drive My Car
- Yes: Every Little Thing
- the Black Keys: She Said She Said
- the Jam: Rain
- King Curtis: Michelle
- Cheap Trick: Magical Mystery Tour
- Jimi Hendrix Experience: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- William Shatner: Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
- the Hoodoo Gurus: Everybody’s Got Something to Hide (Except for Me and My Monkey)
- Ike & Tina Turner: Get Back
- Pearl Jam: I Got a Feeling
- Oasis: Help! (Live in L.A.)
The Mal Thursday Show
Direct from Austin, Texas, "The Mal Thursday Show" is back for another season of rock and roll mayhem on GaragePunk Pirate Radio. Since its inception as a weekly radio broadcast on WMUA-FM in Amherst, Massachusetts in 1987, "The Mal Thursday Show" has been delivering a potent mixture of garage, mod, freakbeat, psychedelic, punk, rock 'n' roll, and rhythm & blues. Nowadays, the show is based in Austin, Texas, and heard worldwide on GaragePunk.com and via iTunes. Dig it!
For fans of raunchy, wild rock'n'roll, old and new… garage, psych, punk, surf, rockabilly, soul, R&B, and lo-fi, primitive trash.
Formerly known as GaragePunk Pirate Radio (2005–2015) and born of the original GaragePunk Forums message board at GaragePunk.com, Radio Mutation is a podcast network of DJ-hosted music shows featuring wild and untamed garage rock, punk, surf/instro, rockabilly, primitive R&B, power pop, swamp rock, proto-punk, post-punk, psychedelic rock, broken blues… basically all styles of gritty, desperate, REAL rock ‘n’ roll. All of them low-budget productions, independently produced and non-commercial (that means we make no money whatsoever from this endeavor).
Oh, and did we mention our shows are entertaining as hell? It’s true! Loads of personality and, just like the Young Lions Conspiracy*, a heaping helping of Integrity, Soul, and Attitude. Not to mention hours upon hours of great rock ‘n’ roll that you will simply not hear anywhere else.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio