It’s the BEGILUFIN Energy special!.. Part 2! Zap! Ziv Lode and Dan Abbott wind up the music box and bring you 60 high-revving minutos of international melody all hung on the theme of ENERGY! We aim to send the Windmills of your Ears into overspin with the buzz of tunes from around the globe. Combat musical lethargy with Begilufin ENERGY! Pow! _ On tonight’s “Island” segment, we will also be paying tribute to the sadly departed wonderful Gal Costa, a woman whose voice and presence illuminated Brazil for many decades. Adeus, dear Gal. _ As always, this is live, spontaneous and rather silly radio - we always throw in a couple of mistakes for your entertainment.
- Peter Thomas - Power Shift
- Michel Magne & Jean Yanne - Petrol Pop
- Buchanan Brothers - Atomic Power
- Tom Glaser & Dottie Evans - Electricity
- Terry & The Blue Jeans - Magic Fire
- Capt. Beefheart & The Magic Band - Electricity
- John Hartford - (Good Old Electric) Washing Machine (Circa 1943)
- Sam Spence - Water World
- Gal Costa - Meu Nome É Gal
- Gal Costa - Relance
- Marsh Dondurma & Riff Cohen - Sugar
- Doug Randle - Batteries Not Included
- The Natural Yoghurt Band - Playing With Fire
Begilufin is an hour long radio show broadcast live twice a month from the heart Berlin on the station Pi Radio. On Begilufin we play a wild, confusing mess of international sounds, stretching from the birth of recorded music to something we heard two days ago. We do our best to ignore the normal, accentuate the weird, and ignore borders, boundaries and time-zones. Each show revolves around a central theme and then we surprise each other (and you, dear listener) with our selections live on air.
Since you ask, ‘Begilufin’ is a Hebrew word meaning intoxicated, inebriated, drunk, sozzled or smashed - a perfect description of the delirious off-centre mix of crazed music we like to spin on the show or indeed the effect it might have on your ears.
Begilufin was created by Ziv Lode in 2010. Ziv was joined by Dan Abbott a couples of years later after a chance meeting in a kindergarten playground revealed a mutual love of the music of Erkin ‘The Turkish Hendrix’ Koray.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio