It’s time for the BEGILUFIN Time special!
Tick tick tick… tonight your punctual hosts Ziv Lode and Dan Abbott bring you … wait for it … s i x t y m I n u t e s of global musical mutations themed around TIME … tock tock tock … it’s about time! Synchronise your ears and travel one rotation around the clock with tunes from every known timezone ... and probably some unknown timezones too...
... tick tick tick… BONG! it’s Begilufin time!
- The Mojo - Crazy Midnight
- Màquina - Time Is Over
- Jacques Dutronc - Il est cinq heures, Paris s'éveille
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Time = $$$
- The Orient Express - For A Moment
- Kobo Town - Tick Tock Goes The Clock
- Urban Turban - Overtime
- Fadoul - Al Zman Saib
- Ken Nordine - What Time Is It???
- Messer Chups - In 3 Minutes Till Massacre
- Dukes of Stratosphear - 25 O’Clock
- Yehu Yaron - Not A Good Time (לא זמן טוב)
- Mecki Mark Men - Midnight Land
Begilufin is an hour long radio show broadcast live twice a month from the heart Berlin on the station Pi Radio. On Begilufin we play a wild, confusing mess of international sounds, stretching from the birth of recorded music to something we heard two days ago. We do our best to ignore the normal, accentuate the weird, and ignore borders, boundaries and time-zones. Each show revolves around a central theme and then we surprise each other (and you, dear listener) with our selections live on air.
Since you ask, ‘Begilufin’ is a Hebrew word meaning intoxicated, inebriated, drunk, sozzled or smashed - a perfect description of the delirious off-centre mix of crazed music we like to spin on the show or indeed the effect it might have on your ears.
Begilufin was created by Ziv Lode in 2010. Ziv was joined by Dan Abbott a couples of years later after a chance meeting in a kindergarten playground revealed a mutual love of the music of Erkin ‘The Turkish Hendrix’ Koray.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio