The Begilufin DUOS & COLLABORATIONS Special!
Tonight your hosts Ziv Lode and Dan Abbott, Begilufin’s dastardly duo, bring you 60 minutes of pure radio entertainment bases around the theme of DUOS & COLLABORATIONS. We couldn’t think of a way to make that sound more compact and snazzy, so there you have it. Everything’ll be themed around performing pairs, weird and wild collaborations and guest musicians dropping in to do their thing for 5 minutes. Indeed, Begilufin itself is based heavily on the collaboration between the two of us, though maybe “interference” would be a better word. So tune in tonight for an hour of duophonic interference featuring a mindbending spectrum of international music unravelled just for your from the shimmering webs of time!
As always, this is live, spontaneous and rather silly radio - we always throw in a couple of mistakes for your entertainment.
- Eddie Lang & Lonnie Johnson - A Handful of Riffs
- Bob Brozman & Djeli Moussa - Uncle Joe
- Larry Williams & Johnny Guitar Watson with Kaleidoscope - Nobody 4, Seu Jorge & Vanessa Da Mata - Boa Reza
- Flower Travellin' Band & Terumasa Hino Quintet - Crash
- Boom Pam & Hibiki Orie - Spachtel
- Caetano Veloso E Os Mutantes – É Proibido Proibir
- Evelyn Evelyn - Have You Seen My Sister Evelyn?
- Nino Ferrer & Radiah - Vomitation
- Madrugada & Neil McNasty - Come On Home To Me
- Charlie & Esdor - Dagen Är Över
Begilufin is an hour long radio show broadcast live twice a month from the heart Berlin on the station Pi Radio. On Begilufin we play a wild, confusing mess of international sounds, stretching from the birth of recorded music to something we heard two days ago. We do our best to ignore the normal, accentuate the weird, and ignore borders, boundaries and time-zones. Each show revolves around a central theme and then we surprise each other (and you, dear listener) with our selections live on air.
Since you ask, ‘Begilufin’ is a Hebrew word meaning intoxicated, inebriated, drunk, sozzled or smashed - a perfect description of the delirious off-centre mix of crazed music we like to spin on the show or indeed the effect it might have on your ears.
Begilufin was created by Ziv Lode in 2010. Ziv was joined by Dan Abbott a couples of years later after a chance meeting in a kindergarten playground revealed a mutual love of the music of Erkin ‘The Turkish Hendrix’ Koray.
88,4 MHz - Pi Radio